Effect of Spray-N-Grow Foliar Micronutrient Complex on the Growth, Yield, and Quality of a Hydroponic Strawberry Crop
Dr. Lynette Morgan PhD & Simon Lennard M. Hort. Sc.
SUNTEC International Hydroponic Consultants
- Spray-N-Grow plants showed advanced foliage development by up to three (3) weeks - Fruit matured approximately one (1) week earlier on Spray-N-Grow plants.
- Spray-N-Grow had a continual advancement of one – two weeks in flowering and fruit set over the control plants.
- Spray-N-Grow increased yield 132% increase in yield over the control plants.
- Spray-N-Grow plants had significantly higher brix (sugar) and dry weight than the control fruit.
- Spray-N-Grow plants had 16 % higher ascorbic acid (vitamin C) levels than control plants.
- Plants treated with Spray-N-Grow had a 50% longer shelf life than the control plants.
Comments by Dr. Morgan:
“Foliar fertilization with the Spray-N-Grow micronutrient complex in hydroponically grown strawberry crops in a number of production systems, both NFT and media based has proven to not only greatly assist with initial plant establishment and development, but to also advance flowering and early yields as well as having a beneficial long term effect on total fruit yields and compositional quality.”